- Table of contents
- Rails Developer with Redmine know how
Updated over 6 years ago by: markus schulte
Rails Developer with Redmine know how¶
Redmine is our main platform for project management. we learned that it is very hard to be better then the tools you use. which is why we constantly try to improve our redmine setup.
currently we have redmine 1.4 in production use and are setting up a new environment in redmine 2.3.x. which is what you see here by the way.
What You'll Be Doing¶
consult our platform decisions
be responsible for customizations
know how we work and suggest process enhancements
interpret internal requirements to establish complete and accurate functional specifications and product documentation
define those specifications in our issue system
effectively develop software to achieve the specified functionality
properly document software and control the revision status of design documentation
check the issue system frequently
- at least 1-2 years of rails development experience
- excellent knowledge in Redmine, creating custom modules and hooks
- a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment outside of normal working hours where required (but without someone behind you ;-)
- professional, reliable, and possessing a strong work ethic
- verbal and written communication skills in english language. you do not need to be english native though as we are not either.
Experience "nice to have"¶
- experience with Linux/Open Source software
- Knowledge of Servers and Configuration
DOM specializes in building websites and cross-platform mobile apps using Drupal and HTML5.
We are Linux based and employ a system administration staff. Those guys live inside the machines and care for our hosting departement. You will work with them.
We consider ourselves a mid sized agency with 25 people but our clients are "Fortune 500" companies.
We run a development environment based on redmine and git.
How to apply¶
- register to this site
- wait until your registration is accepted
- complete your profile
- read our freelancer faqs
- drop us a line